Desktop as a Service (DaaS) provides a convenient solution for small to medium businesses. Bringing greated flexibility, ease of administration and cost savings to organsiations. This document will step you through connecting for your first time, what to expect and what to test.
Visit the Horizon DaaS portal - https://demo.anywhereaccess.com.au
Login with your details provided in your "Welcome Email"
Click on the little icon of the desktop that appears
The Horizon DaaS portal provides acess to your virtual desktops and downloadable clients for Windows, MAC and iPhone.
The web portal only provides access to the HTML5 interface of the DaaS desktops, access via PCoIP or BLAST protocols requires the use of the Horizon View Client.
Nothing appears after clicking on my desktop
Popup blockers can ofter stop this window from opening. To resolve this issue simply allow the DaaS server address (e.g. demo.anywhereaccess.com.au) through your pop-up blocker or disable the pop-up blocker temporarily.
Nothing appears after logging into the portal
Hosted Network takes security very seriously and as such we don't support legacy or old browser versions. To resolve this issue please ensure that you are using an up-to-date browser version.
The Horizon DaaS portal only provides the use of the HTML 5 interface which is a feature limited connection, in order to get the full experience of the product you will need to make use of the "VMWare Horizon View Client" which is available on MAC OSX, Linux and Windows desktops as well as available for iOS and Android mobile devices.
Below is a link to the VMWare Horizon View Client download page for desktop operating systems:
The Horizon View client for mobile devices can be downloaded from the App Store on the device itself.
Using the link above download the VMWare Horizon View Client and install it onto your Windows desktop
Once installed open the app and you should see an image similar to the below, click on "New Server" to add a new connection
3. Enter the address for your DaaS Server / Portal (e.g. the Hosted Network Demo environment is demo.anywhereaccess.com.au) and press connect
4. Enter your user details provided to you in your welcome email or by your account administrator (NOTE: These will be the same details used to access the Horizon DaaS Portal)
5. Double click on the icon of a desktop which will open your desktop in full-screen mode by default (This can be changed via the settings of the desktop)
Open the VMWare Horizon View Client from your desktop
Click on "New Server"
3. Enter the DaaS Portal Address available in your welcome email (e.g. Demo.anywhereaccess.com.au) and press "Connect"
4. Enter your details provided to you in your welcome email or by your account administrator and click "Login" (NOTE: These are the same login details that you used to login to the DaaS Portal)
5. Double click on the icon of a desktop and this will open your cloud-hosted desktop in full-screen mode by default (This can be changed via the settings of the desktop)
Download the "VMWare Horizon Vlient" from the App store
Once downloaded open the app from your home screen
3. A warning regarding "Network Usage" should appear, click on "Continue" to proceed with the setup
4. Tap on "New" in the top righthand corner to add a new connection
5. Enter the address of your DaaS Portal /Server (e.g. demo.anywhereaccess.com.au) provided in your Welcome email or your account administrator
6. Enter your details provided in your welcome email or your account administrator, and click login (These are the same details used to access the Horizon DaaS portal)
7. Tap on the icon of a desktop which will connect to the cloud-hosted desktop in full-screen mode
When working inside the DaaS Platform, you're connected directly to our upstream providers where you have lightning fast internet access and unlimited data*
*In accordance with our Service Level Agreement and Fair Use Policy
While logged into the DaaS platform, we'd recommend browsing through popular sites and sites that you'd visit on a day to day basis. We'd also recommend visiting speedtest.net and performing a speed test as this will show you how fast the connection really is.
Included in all DaaS Demo Desktops is a collection of commonly used applications. These are provided so that you can test the overall functionality and performance and include applications such as:
and Google Chrome
Use these applications as you would in your everyday life to get an understanding of the sort of performance you can expect from our DaaS platform.